2009年6月3日水曜日

National Stationery Show in NYC

It was so exciting to see a lot of adorable cards at the show.
I love the 2009 version of the show logo. It's an envelope shape!



It was very interesting that most (well, let's say over 90%) of greeting cards were letter pressed.
Letter press is a very popular printing method in the US.

At the show, I personally felt that the key words of the trends in the US market are "green", "nature" and "fun".

I could find so many creative words in the company concepts using "Eco" such as "Eco-luxu", "Eco-chic"as well as "Eco-friendly" which is now one of very famous green words.
Yes, I agree with their thoughts.
We need "Eco" plus something fun or creative!


As for designs, I thought there were many nature related designs with pretty colors.
I could find some stylish but so funny message cards, which make me laugh!
Because of recession? American people need some fun jokes. Hmm...same as Japan.


By the way, the Exhibition center, Javits Center is located on the corner of West 34th street and 11th Avenue, and it is not so convenient from the main areas in Manhattan.
I bet most foreign visitors feel so.
Especially, when you go back to your hotel by taxi, I do recommend not to wait at the taxi stand,
or, you have to wait for a loooooong time. It is better to walk a few blocks to the downtown area,
and you can find a taxi.





Anyway, I look forward to visiting NYC again!

Rumi, from Tokyo

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Thank you for a little insight in the NY Stationery Show. Sounds amazing, I would love to go one year...