2009年6月23日火曜日

Japanese family crest, "kamon"

Hi everyone!
Although it's a rainy season here in Japan, it's a sunny day today. (Yes!)

Have you ever heard of Japanese family crest?
It is called, "kamon" in Japanese. ("ka" means family, and "mon" means crest)
Every Japanese family has their own kamon, and it is said that there are more than 5,000 kamons in Japan.
The most popular kamon motifs depict plants, animals, insects, and tools.
Since I am not a kamon expert, if you are interested in its story and history,
please check Wiki!

Of course, I have one! My family's kamon is "tachibana," it's a kind of flower.
At first, I thoutht my ancestors were farmers or something?? haha!
In fact, my kamon is very common, and its origin is coming from a famous clan of samurai class,Tachibana family.


Many samurai class people had plants related kamons.
For example, the famous Shogun family, Tokugawa clan has a flower crest, called “aoi,” which is a holly hock flower.
Since we love the elegant design, we produced aoi card in our series 510.
Yes, we were inspired by the Shogun family kamon.





By the way, it was a coincidence that my colleague Maki’s and my kamons were the same, "tachibana". Amazing!

Our kamons are not so bad, right? :)
We made seals with the tachibana crest.



Rumi from Tokyo

0 件のコメント: